Monday, March 5, 2012

metaphors & madelyn

Happy Monday everyone. We awoke this morning to the most peculiar sight for March, a thick layer of spring snow! While I mourn my poor daffodils and tulips, it's always amazing to experience the soft, quiet blue mornings of winter. And even though it's supposed to be spring, I'll take it (for now). We were short on snow this winter, after all.  
Another surprise that greeted me this morning was the birth of a dear friend's daughter! I'm thrilled to welcome baby Maddy into our sisterhood (she's the first baby in our little group). I can't wait until we can get over to visit her and mama and papa. Congrats! 

*
I'm also excited for the time that we can do all kinds of fun girlie things with her and her mama, and carry on our favorite traditions like shopping and beach vacations and mani/pedis and getting in only a tiny bit of trouble. In the mean time, I've been inspired try out this little project, courtesy of sweet friend, fabulous photographer, and super-momma-of-two (and, incidentally, something of a seamstress), Elizabeth Chapman. I love sewing, but I must admit I'm a bit of a novice, so this may be a practice, practice, practice situation. And since that can take a while, I think I'll have Elizabeth whip one up for me. Thank goodness for talented friends! 

*I'll try to see if I can locate the pattern and post it once I know from whence it came...

No comments:

Post a Comment